Friday 16 December 2011

Evaluation Question 3


User feedback

Jon - Personally, I thought that the music video comes across as professional but has some notable weaknesses. I think that the use of angles and shots are immensely positive. One negative would be the idea that the video has focused too much on a band scenario. I understand this is the concept of the video, but there is potential for both surrealism and more focus on other characters.

Daniel - Though it's not my type of music, it was interesting to watch the music video- the use of shots engaged me the most, changing from the performance band to the streets.... I liked how the band were telling a story as the story outside was going on.

Positive criticism

One positive that was said in every comment we received was that the use of shots were highly varied and that  it engaged the audience a lot. Some others include the telling of the story by the band as it was going on, the use of effects looks really professional and not over edited and that Simon's emotions are conveyed really well.

Negative criticism

Some of the negatives were that the video has focused too much on the performance part and not enough on the narrative. They also say that the narrative was not as well developed and that they did not fully understand what happened in it.

Future work

I think that the comments gave me great insight into the future. I have found that my group is really good at making a performance based video and that we have made it look professional. However we are quite weak at making a narrative and developing it throughout the video. By either spending more time on planning the narrative or by doing an entirely performance based video we can make it better in the future.

Learning from the comments

I think that I have learned a great deal from these comments. One of these things is that you need to use a different shot each time you make a new clip in the process. This keeps it varied and the user entertained and makes the whole project look more professional. Another thing that I have learned is that balancing the narrative and performance is vital to keeping the user entertained and not have them confused.

No comments:

Post a Comment